Another New Year is round the corner and soon it will be time for New Year resolutions! Every year the resolution that tops the list all over the world is losing weight! While there are many ways to lose your body fat, eating certain foods to achieve that goal is definitely an attractive option.
Did you know that foods that make you feel full and stop your hunger cravings can help you lose body fat?
Here are 7 foods that help you maintain your diet and reduce body weight –
1. Beans/daals like whole moong, black chana, even rajma which are a well known source of protein are also rich in fiber. Moreover, it takes time to digest them. This reasonably priced, filling, and resourceful item is a great food to make you feel full for a long time. And the benefits are even better if you sprout them
2. A broth-based (vegetabele or chicken) soup, be it chunky or pureed, as the first item for any meal definitely helps you eat less during the course. Keep the calorie count for the soup to 100 to 150 and stay away from adding cream and butter. Best to prepare at home from scratch, make a large pot and eat over a few meals.
3. A square or two of dark chocolate is a sure-fire way to stay full for a long period of time. If you love chocolates go for this smart option. Eat it with a bowl of seasonal fruit to make a complete dessert.
4. Green and leafy vegetables add low-cal bulk to your daily diet. The more vegetables and fruits you eat with your meal the more you can cut back on the calorie intake. Adding sautéed veggies to your lunch and dinner will help you eat less carbs. Or just munch on a carrot (seasonal as well) if too busy to cook!
5. Snacking can be the worst enemy of those who want to lose body weight. Add a some protein to each meal to give you better fullness – eggs, yogurt, fish, lean chicken are all good sources.
6. While snacking is bad, it is unavoidable. So when you have to have snacks, particularly if you are on the go, opt for nuts like almonds, walnuts or peanuts. Munching on nuts will make you eat less later on. But remember to moderate – seperate your ration for the day and do NOT go over.
7. Aovid juice instead pick up that crunchy and fiber rich apple or a whole orange, while avoiding the unnecessary sugar found in juice it also gives you much needed fiber.
Next time you go to the local grocer or vegetable vendor make sure to add lots of lean protein, fresh veggies, fruit, and whole grains to your cart and if you’re still not reaching your weight goals you can also consult one of our highly reputed dieticians for advise suitable to you.. The dieticians associated with DocGenie are highly experienced and work closely with doctors to ensure all advice is medically safe & effective.